K of C Business Meeting January 15, 2015 Knights of Columbus 12017
The Grand Knight, James Laraia, called the meeting to order and received a report from the Warden that all present were in possession of their membership cards. The prayer was said and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
The roll was called.
|Deputy Grand Knight||Laraia II||Present|
|Spiritual Director||Deacon Perez||Excused|
Prayer for Vocations recited.
The minutes from December's meeting were presented by GK and approved.
Report of Admission Committee:
- One new candidate was interviewed and recommended to the council. A new transfer candidate was presented to the council. A motion was made by Alex Lopez to accept Larry Greer as a new 1st Degree Candidate and to accept John Novak as a transfer to the Council. A second Motion was made by Ken Merck. Ask for discussion and there was none...vote was taken and approved.
Grand Knight's Report:
- Reviewed the NFL Superbowl Pool
- Stated the council was fortunate to raise $8,000 above the Fraternal Year 2013-2014 Budget. The Council Officers would like suggestions and/or ideas on what to purchase for the Parish. The committee to review and recommend some gift options would be the Council Officers. The officers would review all info and make a selection of options to present to the council.
- Rosary this weekend ½ hour before all masses...please try to arrive early
- There is no need for the KofC to help with the Parish Breakfast in February. The Boy Scouts will have their Shove Tuesday Pancake Dinner instead. Please try to attend.
- Confirmation Retreat on Feb 21st. The KofC will help serve food and clean up. Volunteers get with Ron Probst.
- Polar Plunge is Feb 21st. Shirts available for LAMB Volunteers and Plungers...hospitality rooms again this year.
- Youth Director & LAMB Director positions open...if interested to learn more get with Ron Probst or GK.
- Update provided on Squires...male children interested between the ages of 10 and 18 years old contact the GK
- Parish Festival review...date April 25th, volunteers needed to be identified early to help deploy resources properly. Key contacts Ken, Mark, Jeff and Pete.
- Key Activity Dates Provided.
Note that the financials are excised from the online version of the minutes.
Treasurer's Report & FS Reports...all deposits and disbursements accounted for and checking account balanced.
Report of Service Programs:
- Reviewed Marches, RSVP, Golf, St Patrick Dinner & Dance, Family Supper and Confirmation Retreat
- Reviewed dates for Polar Plunge (Feb 21st) and LAMB Spring Event (May 9th)
- Thank-you to Mark Pahl for allowing use of house for Christmas Party
- Thank-you to all the volunteers at the Thanksgiving Meal
Report of the Fourth Degree:
- Next 4th Degree will be held in Fayetteville on Feb 28th
Good of the Order:
- Prayers for Jim Riesmeyer's sister, Lou Calender, Ken Merck and Ron Daniel's wife
- Presentation on the Parish Festival by Ken Dieppa
Closing Prayer & Adjourn
James T. Laraia II substitute for Jim Riesmeyer – Recorder